One of Asia’s leading orchestras, the SSO provides artistic inspiration through its recordings with BIS, international tours, outreach and education, chamber music, and a 30-programme subscription series. Under the baton of Music Director Lan Shui, the SSO currently performs at the world-renowned Esplanade Concert Hall and at its long term home, the Victoria Concert Hall.
The SSO invites applications from outstanding musicians for the following position(s):
1. Section Viola
Salary and benefits:
- Salary will be commensurate with experience and abilities. Annual remuneration starting from SGD 60,000 to SGD 71,400 (approx. USD 42,121 to USD 50,135) per annum.
- Low personal income tax between 7% and 11.5% for a tax resident.
- 52 paid weeks a year, including 6 weeks of paid annual leave in addition to statutory holidays and other leave benefits.
- Medical, dental, work injury compensation, travel insurance and instrument insurance benefits.
- If you are not a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident, you will be eligible for Contract Gratuity Scheme (an additional SGD 20,000 to SGD 24,000), in place of the CPF (Central Provident Fund, a social security saving plan), when you complete successfully every 2 years of service.
Application and audition requirements:
1. Applications must include:
- A completed Applicant Information form.
- A copy of your full resumé.
- A video recording of audition excerpts.
2. Closing date for applications: 15th February 2017.
3. Shortlisted applicants will be notified by Friday 24th February 2017.
4. The application form and the audition repertoire can be downloaded here:
- Section Viola
5. Successful applicants who are offered the position, and have accepted it, should commence work within a reasonable period of the offer.